CORONAVIRUS update in Georgetown, Kentucky
Statement from Lori A. Saunders, Executive Director, Georgetown/Scott Tourism, regarding COVID-19:
"Like most U.S. Destinations, at this time, the Georgetown/Scott County Tourism Staff is monitoring news reports, official websites, and CDC updates. Additionally, we are working closely with our city and county officials, as well as Tourism Associations, regarding suggested practices regarding the Coronavirus situation.
Due to the evolving nature of the Outbreak and the subsequent multi-faceted impact on our Industry, this page has been created to serve as a useful resource for additional information.
We will be continually updating this Information Page as well as providing additional links to keep you as up-to-date as possible regarding this situation."
"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it!
As Scott County Judge/Executive and City of Georgetown Mayor we will focus on what we can control during the Covid 19 virus event.
We want to encourage all of Scott County to focus on what you can control.
Today, the Wedco Health District hosted an update meeting with community agencies and partners.
Action items related to the Scott County and City Government response to the Covid 19 event.
1. County and City Government agencies have been meeting and planning with our local Wedco Health District and the Georgetown Community Hospital.
2. Our First Responders; EMA, EMS, County and City Fire and 911 Dispatch have developed protocols to serve potential Covid 19 patients.
3. Sheriff’s Dept, Georgetown Police Dept and Detention Center staff have updated their procedures to address the issues related to the Covid 19 event.
4. We encourage everyone to educate yourself on the facts related to the virus. Go to
5. Call the COVID-19 Hotline (800) 722-5725 with questions related to the public health event.
6. Maintain good hygiene and hand washing practices after being out in public.
7. Practice “Social Distancing” essentially keeping a 6-foot buffer from others in public.
8. If you are sick stay home. If you begin feeling worse, contact your physician
We will get through this together!"
Local Attraction Updates
Many attractions have taken steps to decrease the spread of COVID - 19. Updates and changes to attractions can be found HERE.
Local Restaurant Updates
Effective at 5 pm, March 16th, Georgetown and Scott County restaurants have been directed by the Commonwealth of Kentucky to be open for carry-out and pick-up only until further notice. Restaurants that are offering carry-out and pick-up services can be found HERE.