The 39th Annual Festival of the Horse Gallops into Kentucky Horse Headquarters
Popular celebration continues to add to dynamic lineup of headlining musicians as anniversary year approach
GEORGETOWN, KY – AUGUST 14, 2019 – The 39th Annual Festival of the Horse gallops into Kentucky Horse Headquarters the weekend of September 6-8, bringing with it more live music than ever before. Expect the fest to be bigger and better in anticipation of marking its 40th anniversary in 2020, with more headlining musicians plus lots of arts and crafts vendors, a craft beer garden and a variety of festival foods, family-fun activities like Fox Creek Amusement rides as well as the Grand Parade of Horses, Horse Show & Games and more at this free-admission event that celebrates the role of the horse and its heritage.
Live music takes centerstage all weekend with more than a dozen local and regional artists performing on the Country Boy Stage, sponsored by Country Boy Brewing. The five-piece Brother Smith Band brings its unique sound that mixes the heart of country, creativity of funk and passion of soul. Their music described as “a sweet sound of the bluegrass kissing the mountains,” the Local Honeys perform both traditional and original songs backed by hard-driving fiddle tunes. Bek and the Starlight Revue are a crowd fave with their rock and roll music blended with soul and a classic Appalachian sound. Ten other live acts will fill out the nonstop musical entertainment.
Fest fun facts
• 80+ vendor booths, ranging from handmade pottery and crafts to jewelry, apparel and home décor, located along Main Street.
• Numerous food and beer vendors highlighting BBQ, brews, international cuisine, gourmet burgers and more.
• Pre-festival events on Thursday, Sept. 5: Pre-festival party on Main Street in Downtown Georgetown includes the Fireman’s Chili Cook-off, sponsored by Steve Woodrum – State Farm, and live music by Swing Street – begins at 6 p.m.
• Festival activities: Colt & Filly Review Parade – the largest parade in the county (Sept. 6 at 6:30 p.m.); Horse Games (Sept. 7 at 9 a.m.); Grand Parade of Horses (Sept. 7 at 5 p.m.); Horse Show (Sept. 8 at 1 p.m.)
• Other festival events: Cornhole Tournament, Red Shield 5K, Movies in the Park, featuring “Spirit,” Seed to Feed Dinner at Royal Spring Park.
• Toyota’s Grand Parade of Horses is presided over by Grand Marshal Oliver, an 11-year old Shire Cross, a member of the Kentucky Horse Park Mounted Police known for his beautiful black and white pinto pattern and welcoming disposition.
• Carnival Rides by Fox Creek Amusements – in City Hall Parking Lot.
• Sponsors include Toyota, Country Boy Brewing, Georgetown Community Hospital’s Rehabilitation Services, Ashtongrove Senior Living, James Dean Rocks Music School, Celebrate Georgetown and Georgetown/Scott County Tourism Commission.
Festival of the Horse, Georgetown, KY
Date Friday-Sunday, Sept. 6-8, 2019
Friday: 4-10 p.m., featuring the Colt & Filly Review Parade at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 11 a.m.-10 p.m., featuring the Grand Parade of Horses at 5 p.m.
Sunday: 11 a.m.- 5 p.m., with Scott County Humane Society’s Pet Parade, 1 p.m.
Place Downtown Georgetown, KY 40324
For more information about the Festival of the Horse, the live music lineup or other activities, visit www.GeorgetownKy.com.