Generate your own Hallmark* moments in Georgetown
Written by Kathy Witt
The setting: A picturesque, historically preserved small town in Kentucky
The cast: Visiting couples; local shopkeepers, restauranteurs, chefs, artists and inkeepers; extras
The plot: Couples seeking romance and adventure discover it in Georgetown, KY.
There is a fun Hallmark movie generator online where one can plug in options to create that perfect Hallmark movie.
A (sassy) (executive) is unhappy because (her cold businessman boyfriend doesn't share her love of Valentine's Day). Everything changes when she meets a (nerdy) (friend she hasn't seen since childhood,) while they're (both fighting over the same item at the bookstore). Through crazy circumstances and with a little help from (a mysterious stranger), she soon discovers (love/happiness/the magic of a small-town holiday).
Although this generator is specific to Christmas movies, it can be used to generate some perfect Hallmark moments in Georgetown for Valentine’s Day or any romantic outing:
A (romance-seeking) (couple) is unhappy because (they took a wrong turn). Everything changes when they find themselves in a (gorgeous Victorian downtown lined with shops, restaurants and art galleries) while (driving down Main Street). Through crazy circumstances and with a little help from (mysterious strangers - Think shop owners, chefs and innkeepers), they soon discover (love/happiness/the magic of a small-town Valentine's Day).
Plug in your choices and generate and create your own picture-perfect Hallmark moment and get swept off your feet in one of Kentucky’s prettiest small towns.
1. Enter the dreamy Fabled Forest, a cozy book nook and gift shop, and pick up a Magnetic Poetry Kit to express your love for each other.
2. Create together at a hands-on art class at one of Georgetown's shop/studios: a piece of pottery at Elkhorn Pottery, stained glass artwork at Heirlooms & Gretchen's or other craft.
3. Attend a gourmet cooking class with Chef Rodney of Rodney's on Broadway at Bleubird Studio, then share the delectable three-course meal in the studio's lovely and airy demonstration kitchen.
5. Stare into one another's eyes over a French 75, Boulevardier or other fancy craft cocktail at Local Feed Seasonal Kitchen + Craft Bar or warm your hands (and hearts) with an Irish coffee laced with Sheep Dog Peanut Butter Whiskey at authentic Irish pub, Slainte Public House.
6. Amble arm-in-arm through historic, lamppost-lined Downtown, then pop into The Wine Project, Georgetown's craft wine shop, and curate your own tasting flight from the shop's self-serve WineStations.
7. Wander Georgetown's art galleries art galleries then choose a piece of artwork created by a local artist that catches each of your eye.
8. Linger over dinner at a linen-draped table for two at Rodeny's on Broadway, either on the paved courtyard or inside one of the gallery-like dining rooms and savor prime beef steaks and an intimate ambience.
*Hallmark channel is an American cable telvision network owned by Hallmark Media, a subsidiary of Hallmark Cards. The channel broadcasts family-oriented general entertainment programming, including television series and made-for-TV movies, among them the highly successful Countdown to Crhistmas, a beloved holiday tradition for millions of viewers. For more information, visit www.hallmarkchannel.com.
Author: Kathryn Witt
Kathryn Witt is an award-winning travel and lifestyle writer, syndicated columnist and author of several books, including Secret Cincinnati, The Secret of the Belles and Atlanta Georgia: A Photographic Portrait. A member of SATW, Authors Guild and the Society of Children’s Books & Illustrators, she lives in northern Kentucky.